Forgetting exactly how to enter a separate wikiaEdit
I always forget exactly how to enter separate Wikia in the list. Maybe we need a list of instructions here! Robin Patterson 00:25, 8 March 2006 (UTC)
I see a recent addition with the "secret" symbol ":" actually links to world.wikia. Its page there has no links and is internally linked to from only its creator's talk page. Read about the creator at http://world.wikia.com/index.php?title=User_talk:BillK&diff=next&oldid=12821
Raises the question of whether we need a special symbol for cities that appear on world.wikia but don't have their own Wikia. We could just leave them sharing the ":" and modify its description so that it's not just "The cities with : at the end have their own separate Wikia".
--Robin Patterson 21:22, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- Makes sense to me to create symbols (small templates?) for
- has content here
- has content on World
- has its own Wikia
- It's possible some cities (e.g., London) fit all three categories.
- If it's a template, we could include the pipe, so the symbol would link properly.
- --CocoaZen 23:06, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
The link to a page and a Wikia were added to the list, but neither exists. I hesitate to delete them, in case they are in progress. However, if they aren't created soon, I think we should remove them from the list. Comments?
Also, according to Wikipedia, the official name is now Mysuru, so should we use that name? --CocoaZen 20:00, 28 November 2006 (UTC)
- Commendable hesitation; I don't like deleting latent links unless there's something spammy or unpleasant about them. Person who added it may need a bit of help, as far as I can judge from the small irregularities in the entry. In case this wiki is a better place for such a person to start (rather than a whole new Wikia), I've created a Mysore page here. (Comment on name: Wikipedia's Mysore page doesn't redirect to Mysuru.) Robin Patterson 05:35, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
- Good call!
- And you're right Wikipedia's Mysore doesn't redirect to Mysuru, but Mysuru redirects to Mysore. Either is fine with me. I'd rather leave it up to people who are more familiar with the names and which one is used most often by the people who live there. Since, the creator started with Mysore, maybe that should be the primary article. I think I'll go ahead and create Mysuru as a redirect. --CocoaZen 06:58, 29 November 2006 (UTC)